Sunday, September 1, 2013

Family, Fun and Food... Summer in Review Part 1...2013

This summer has certainly been busy.
 Of course,where has it gone???  Let's take a look.
Las Vegas Trip
     ( business plus pleasure )
Tim and I enjoy our brunch beverages at  Border Grill in Mandalay Bay.  I really enjoyed the unlimited $8 mimosas..  Watermelon was my favorite and you can get a "to go" mimosa.  On Sat/Sun the restaurant offers the Border Brunch...unlimited small plates and they were all delicious.

Also, enjoyed a dinner at Brand Steak House in the Monte Carlo.

Tom and Tim dig into the family style steak.

Tim and I cashed  my Vegas rewards and enjoyed a free bucket of Coronas and a hamburger poolside at the Monte Carlo.


Tommy's Big 4 Birthday Party
Tommy had a super,  Super Hero themed birthday party at home.
Tommy enjoys the bounce house.

Bean Bag toss.



 Time for Birthday Cake.



Grace sits with mommy in the bounce house.

Evelyn getting ready to bounce.



Live action in the Bounce House




Trip to Alexandria Virginia

Tim and I traveled to Alexandria Virgina so Tim could attend an accounting seminar.  We stayed at the Hotel Monaco.  Exceptional décor, outstanding service and incomparable hospitality are the hallmarks of this boutique hotel conveniently located amid shops, galleries, restaurants, entertainment and nightlife.

Check out the la te da room.

Tim watching the Buccos on the ipad.

We toured Washingtin DC.  and of course, someone was taking photos.

The White House.  Pennsylvania Ave is closed to traffic so it is nice to walk along and check it out.

We took a tour of the monuments at night.  These are photos of the WWII memorial.





Tim standing in front of the Jefferson monument.

Lincoln monument at night.

Washington Monument with the scaffolding illuminated.

Ligonier Ice Cream

Tommy enjoys sitting at the "bar" at the Ligonier Creamery.
Cool dude.

Grace likes her ice cream too.

After the trip to Ligonier it was time for an afternoon nap.

Aunt Christine and Evelyn visit in July

Look guys.  We can all sit on the window ledge.

 Look at me.  I can ride.

Hmm.  Is this a leaf I am not supposed to touch?

I can do this by myself.


I can feed myself too.

El Patron restaurant time for aunt Michelle's birthday.



Rennie Family trip on the Gateway Clipper fleet Good-ship Lollipop.
All aboard!!!